C.T. Reflection on GAFCON Invasion of Britain
59 minutes ago
That this synod:This motion was put in parts, and members voted via a paper ballot. The most contentious clause, (2), passed by nearly a two-thirds majority.
(1) holds that sexual orientation should not be an impediment to the discernment, ordination and licensing of gay and lesbian members to any lay and ordained offices of the church; and further
(2) holds that persons in committed same-sex relationships likewise should not be excluded from being considered for discernment, ordination and licensing to any lay and ordained offices of the church.
(3) commits to an intentional process of listening to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people, organised by the Archdeacons in consultation with the gay and lesbian community;
(4) commits to an ongoing process of discussion within the ministry units, asks the Archdeacons to facilitate this, and invites responses to those discussions to be submitted to Diocesan Council by 31 March 2012; and
(5) commits to support the process and work of the Commission to be appointed by General Synod Standing Committee as resolved at its meeting in July 2011.
|Cobb & Co Coach at Sovereign Hill|
|Miner's Camp, Sovereign Hill|
|Sovereign Hill Mine|
|Chinese Store, Sovereign Hill|
|Ducks on Lake Wendouree|
|Botanical Gardens, Ballarat|
|Australian Ex-Prisoners of War Memorial|
|Bendigo Talking Tram|
|Chinese Gardens Bendigo|
|Town Hall Bendigo|
|Impressive Catholic Cathedral, Bendigo|
|Not so impressive Anglican Cathedral, Bendigo|