Friday, August 07, 2009

Memory of Mum - A Hundred Years

Mum was born on 7th August 1909.
Today would have been her 100th birthday.
However Mum died on 6th July 2006 just short of her 97th birthday.

I remember praying she would reach 90 then that she would see the 21st Century, then that she would reach 95.
I wanted her to reach 100 and receive a message from the Queen. However she was too ill, she wanted to go and it was not to be. Caring for her was taking a big toll on my sister.
God knew it was time to call her home.

At the memorial service, Sue concluded her sermon with:

Marge was intelligent, thoughtful and a woman of God. She listened to God's voice, and when she believed she could hear it, she would welcome it and say amen. I'm sure our inclusive God has already welcomed her home, but I know I will remember her as a woman ahead of her time, who saw Jesus as representing a God in whom there are no exclusions. She would often tell me how much she agreed with something I'd said, and always it was something about being more inclusive and less exclusive. If only the church would hear the feelings and opinions of people like Marge. God go with you all as you journey on the difficult road of living without her physical presence. In spirit I have no doubt she will always be with us. Amen.

Happy Birthday Mum, I miss you.

3 comments:

motheramelia said...

On special days, like birthdays, we miss our parents the most. Happy Birthday Noble Wolf's mom.

Leonard said...

Happy Birthday to Brians Mother, we know you´ll never be far away.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

What the others said!