Thursday, April 16, 2009

Truly Amazing

There was a brief clip of this on our news a few nights ago, now the radio stations are full of this here in Australia. I am sure any British readers will have seen it but perhaps not yet in America.
I may be a little biased as for me "I dreamed a dream" is the most beautiful song in the most wonderful musical of all time "Les Miserables".

However it also teaches us a lesson not to judge anybody by their exterior.

Embedding is not allowed but if you have not seen this, please watch.
Susan Boyle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

5 comments:

Leonard said...

Undiscovered no longer...what a voice (and I like her personality too)! Thanks for giving her a nice review!

Fran said...

I found this brilliant at so many levels - not the least of which how easy it is to judge and dismisss... and also how rarely we such an example of human dignity like Boyle's.

Doorman-Priest said...

Coincidentally I just read about this in the newspaper this morning so was glad to see what the fuss was about.

It says a lot about our priorities in a celebrity obsessed society.

I wish her well: she should have the last laugh!

June Butler said...

Brian, I loved the video, too, and posted a link. The change in attitude by the judges was amazing and quite satisfactory to watch.

Davis said...

Makes you proud to be a human being, doesn't it?!