Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Favourite Advertisement

I hate TV adverts. In Australia I watched the ABC 90% of the time. Owned by the government, it did not have adverts although program promos took up a lot of time but they were between programs, not interruptions.  Here in NZ the 2 government stations have adverts and are indistinguishable from commercial TV.   Therefore I now watch very little TV.
However I can watch one advert over and over again. Probably helped by the fact that the last pet I owned (he was actually owned by my sister ) was Terry, a Fox terrier , almost indistinguishable from the dog in the add ( I believe there were 3). He died in 1971. I have not had a pet since.

It has just won NZ advert of the year. I actually voted, I usually would not waste money on such things.  However, although I love the advert and  the followups, I oppose all forms of gambling.

4 comments:

Fran said...

I'm not sure how I feel about this ad, but that dog is wonderful.

MadPriest said...

I get it! They are telling us not to waste our money on the lottery as all we need in life to be happy is the love of a good companion. Instead we should give our money to make life better for poor people living in squalor throughout the world as well as to the poor and destitue on our own streets.

Great message!

Calamity Jane said...

If you like that ad Brian, then you will probably like the movie Red Dog.

Nota Bene said...

Ha ha...great ad...shame about the thing it's advertising!