Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow.

From my friend Birdie in Indianapolis for whom I asked prayers on September 1st

I am finishing my fourth course of chemo, which will bring a new wave of cluelessness. But that's okay, because today's exam showed NO MEASURABLE TUMOR in my breast—and the last exam said the same about the node tumor. The large tumor measured six by seven centimeters at the start of chemotherapy, and the node was three centimeters. The kind of cancer I have (triple negative) is not always responsive to chemo, so we didn't know what to expect.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's working. I am so thankful and full of hope for my future. Hope is the stuff of life.

4 comments:

Eric Kyte said...

Wonderful News!

Fran said...

Thanks be to God!! I was wondering how Birdie was doing and have had it on my mind to email you and check in. You too are always in my prayers Brian!

Birdie said...

Thank you, Brian, for your loving post and continuing prayers. I am a real believer in the power of prayer, and I appreciate every single one from everybody.

I've been on a real roller-coaster of emotions and side effects, but the support from friends and strangers has been a constant source of solace. I am truly blessed.

June Butler said...

Thanks be to God!

Birdie, more prayers for you.