For several days the forecast has been that the mother of all storms would start Saturday night and continue to Tuesday.
1. Tickets for the Southern Sinfonia Saturday night.
2. Church Sunday morning. Last for 2 weeks due to my trip to Australia
3. Movie Club Sunday afternoon
4. Regular afternoon walking group Monday
5. Tickets to NZ Symphony Monday night
6. Regular walking group Tuesday
7. Shuttle booked for 8am Wednesday to airport to catch plane 9.45am for Auckland
then onto Sydney.
The forecast was for snow to commence that evening. As I brought in more firewood, put shovel and yard broom handy and completed some landscaping/planting that I did not want to leave for 2 weeks, I wondered whether I should risk the journey down the hill to the Town Hall for the concert. Neighbour said the meteorologists are always spreading doom and gloom and he takes no notice.
At 5pm the snow forecast for the evening was removed from website so at 7pm I headed for the Town Hall and enjoyed the concert. When I came out it had been raining and the temperature was below 4’C but no snow or ice and I drove home safely.
7am There had been a dusting of snow overnight but sky was mainly clear.
8am Begins to snow, then clears and sun comes out
9.15am Prepare clothes to wear to church
9.20am Heavy snow, put off getting changed
9.40am Usual time to depart still snowing so decide not to go
10.00am Service must be starting, sun out, snow melting.
10.30 Regretting decision not to go.
11.00 Service probably nearly finished, snowing again quite heavily.
11.30 Sun out, road probably clear.
12.00 Snowing again but not heavy at the moment. However think I will miss the movies at 1pm. The problem is will I be able to drive up the hill after 3pm.
The snow is pretty but there is a downside. Photo taken at 11.15 Sunday
8 hours ago