Thursday, October 02, 2008

Walking in the Mountains



Nearly every Monday I go walking with a seniors bushwalking group. Last Monday we walked to the South Lawson Falls which are within 5 km of my home. I thought I would share some of my photos. On the left is the Adelina Falls. On the right the Cataract Falls.
Below and closest to my home are the Terrace Falls. We visited 5 Falls in all. They are not world shattering but very pleasant especially on a hot day.

At this time of the year, Spring downunder, the wildflowers are quite spectacular.
On the left are Daviesia corymbosa, in the centre(below) Grevillea phylicoides and on the right Patersonia longifolia.









An enjoyable but tiring day.
If any local expert visits my blog and finds I am wrong with my plant names, please contact me, it is not an area of expertise for me.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Oh my - those photos, gorgeous.

Thank you.

And I know little of plant names!