Thursday, September 19, 2013

Travelling North

I recently spent nearly 3 weeks in the North Island.
I feel I should post some pictures as I do with my overseas travels.
Day 1 I drove North to a little town called Cheviot then on Day 2 I continued up the east Coast through Kaikoura.





 to Picton and onto the Strait ferry to Wellington.

Day 3 I drove over the Rimutaka Range

and took a break in Greytown which was once the capital of this area known as the Wairarapa so has many old buildings.



The night was spent in Napier which was destroyed by an earthquake in 1931 and rebuilt in the Art deco style of those times.

In the evening I went to a concert by the NZ Symphony orchestra in the art deco theatre.

Day 4 I attended Eucharist in the Cathedral built after the earthquake.



Then I went to the NZ National Aquarium which had some kiwis as well as sea creatures.




No comments: