Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bishop-Elect of Dunedin

Today is Kelvin's last Sunday as Vicar of St John's Roslyn.
Kelvin will be ordained as the ninth Bishop of Dunedin on Saturday the 27th of February 2010, at St Paul's Cathedral (1pm).  Please keep him in your prayers.
I am sad that he was only Vicar for the first 4 Sundays of my time as a parishioner. He promised today to ensure I have a good vicar in his place "to make the trip worthwhile".
I asked him to maintain his blog 'Available Light'

I wrote about the sermon on my first Sunday. It is now online. You have to make time to listen as he only puts up the recorded version.   In fact he always preaches without notes.

I hope to attend the ordination.  I am told it is open to the public. In Sydney it would be a ticketed event but then I would not want to attend there anyway.

No comments: